IEP Support in the News
Adrienne Cane Ilang, MA, MFT - Support For Families, Individuals, and Children
RSS

Recent Posts

Exercise as self care
“You can help your child by taking care of yourself!”
Why a Support Group?
Back to School
IEP Support in the News

Categories

General
powered by

My Blog

IEP Support in the News

The Mercury News featured an impressive article on August 20, also covered in the Contra Costa Times, entitles "Parents can get help with child's individualized education plan."

It is encouraging that information of navigating the maze of the individualized education plan, IEP, is being disseminated to the public in an accessible way.  From
my own experience working with families having a child who is either in need of initial IEP assessment or who are trying to manage the IEP yearly goals and benchmarks, parents are not informed of their rights.  It is rare that a teacher or representative of the school will advocate for services for the child due to the budged concerns of the school and district.  In my opinion, this is not ethical and not in the best interest of the child nor family.

This article introduces the "Special Kids Foundation" who's mission appears to be informing parents of their rights, laws, and rules pertaining to IEPs and helping parents advocate for their child.

You can find more information at www.spkids.org/

11 Comments to IEP Support in the News:

Comments RSS
Millter on Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:55 AM
Tahnks
Reply to comment

Intraday Stock Cash Tips on Wednesday, March 09, 2016 11:49 PM
I really appreciate sharing this great blog.
Reply to comment

Bullion Trading Tips on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 2:26 AM
Bullion is best way to invest. CapitalHeight Provides best bullion tips with 2 day free trials.
Reply to comment

jamesjona on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 4:14 AM
thanks for sharing
Reply to comment

http://essaymama.org on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:18 AM
When the kids are able to study and parents are very worried about the study of the kids. First of all, they worried about the schools and after this, they worried about the education plan. IEP will help the parents and give the best suggestions that they want.
Reply to comment

https://www.babylo on Monday, August 28, 2017 3:24 AM
This is sad to know that the support from the teachers or representatives of the schools is not being delivered. And it is clear from your studies itself that most of these people are in need of the initial IEP assessment.
Reply to comment

mike on Friday, October 06, 2017 11:55 PM
An excellent type of posting style you have used to create this great post. I want to get more updates to increase my knowledge. experienced plumber columbia md
Reply to comment

james on Monday, October 09, 2017 2:17 AM
Nice to read the information here. I really impressed to read the best material that you have shared. Keep updating me. professional los angeles plumber
Reply to comment

deny on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:56 AM
What a nice post is it. After reading this information I want to say that you have created very interesting information. Keep updating me. 24/7 Water Damage Orlando
Reply to comment

fredrick on Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:11 PM
Nice to read the information here. I am impressed to see the great information here. Keep updating me. get trusted air conditioning service naples fl
Reply to comment

henry on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:08 AM
An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but typically people don't talk about such issues. To the next! Kind regards!! pay per call service provider
Reply to comment